276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1: 01

£26.995£53.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Maggie tells Sophia that she does love her, but that she is still a child and that Maggie's love life is not of her concern. Maggie states that she loves Glenn and will always love him, but that she has been alone for a very long time. Dante makes her happy and she is now at a point in her life where she now believes that she is meant to be happy. Sophia, however, is more upset over the fact that Maggie did not tell her that she was with Dante. She goes on to explain how everybody at the Hilltop had been gossiping about it and Sophia, believing that it was a lie, had been telling people to shut up. Now, Sophia admits she feels stupid and that she made a fool of herself. Maggie apologizes for not telling Sophia about her relationship with Dante, explaining that she had hoped to first figure what was going on between them before telling Sophia about it. This cheers up Sophia, who now believes their relationship to be a fling. Regardless, Maggie promises to tell Sophia about it when she figures it out, before jokingly commenting on she can maybe "whore it up" with some other guys too. Brandon sneaks away from the Hilltop group traveling on the road, and gives Negan his old clothes. They then start to argue and Negan pushes Brandon, telling him to take him in the right direction, then they both walk off.

A lot of the herd fall into the trenches as they approach Alexandria. Eugene realizes there are too many and they will only be able to shave off a hundred or so at a time. Andrea insists the plan will still work. Jesus questions if they can pull it off due to the size of the herd, and Michonne tells him they will not let the Whisperers win. She climbs down from her horse and starts killing roamers by herself, telling Jesus they will take turns until they have cleared them all. Gabriel is being trained to shoot walkers by Dwight. Still, he is worried how it will play out after Gabriel realizes that they're about to kill other survivors. Meanwhile, an enormous swarm of walkers is heading towards Alexandria. Beta tells the Whisperers that it is done and the herd can continue the rest of the way without them. He says the war is over and the dead can finish what they have started.Any size contribution will help keep CBH alive and full of new comics guides and content. Support CBH on Patreon for exclusive rewards, or Donate here! Thank you for reading! Like George Romero, creator of the iconic Living Dead movies, Kirkman has a lot to say about American culture as well. At first, his message seems tailored to the individualist doomsday prep mindset: "In a world ruled by the dead, we are finally forced to start living." I have a hard time believing that a post-apocalyptic world is better than one with readily accessible food and medical care. But there is something to be said for self-reliance. I have nothing but admiration for people who can build their own houses (I can handle basic maintenance, but that's about it). Breaking Ultimate Universe News at New York Comic Con! Children of the Vault! | CBH Live! October 20, 2023 Inside the house, Sophia lifts Hershel out of his crib just as Maggie and Carl arrive. Maggie tells them to leave, but Carl insists they go and he will make sure the house is clear despite Maggie's resistance.

It wasn't perfect, no - in my opinion, perfection seems an impossible goal for something that lasted for more than a decade and a half, but I digress - but its ending was pretty damn close. Did it suffer from some of the same stilted dialogue as the rest of the series? Sure. But did these undercut the emotional beats of its resolution? Not for me. Not after so much time, investment, and love. Did its characters shine, did they grow, did you believe in them, feel for them, right up until the end? I know I did. Eugene is talking to the Radio Survivor about his trip from Texas, the Survivor gets the idea that Eugene is from Texas. Their conversation is cut short when Eugene hears a gun shot and runs outside to investigate. Alpha cries next to a tree, until is greeted by a fellow Whisperer. The whisperer tells her that he won't tell the others that Alpha cried, and Alpha cuts his throat open. Another whisperer greets Alpha, and she tells him that the another whisperer tried to cross her.

The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Will New Season Follow Comics? Scott Gimple Dishes on 'Emotional' End-Game and Spinof: Entertainment: Headlines & Global News". Hngn.com. June 30, 2014 . Retrieved September 1, 2015. I’m now going to turn your attention towards the epilogue chapter at the end of the fourth compendium. This time jump, of perhaps twenty years, resulted in another character being greatly disrespected. Maggie Green was one of the most interesting players from the very beginning. She had a slow burn character arch, and still came out of it on top. Before the time jump, she loved her adopted daughter Sophia and biological son Herschel equally. Limited omnibus editions collect roughly 24 issues in a slipcase with several extras. The first volume is autographed by Kirkman and Adlard, with 300 copies printed. Subsequent volumes had print runs of 3000 each, along with deluxe limited editions (signed by Kirkman/Adlard) of 300 copies.

As Andrea patrols outside Hilltop, she runs into Maggie, who has gone ahead of her convoy to get a break from Hershel. Maggie tells Andrea it is now safe for Carl and Lydia to return to Alexandria, but Andrea notes that Carl will likely want to stay at the Hilltop. Moreover, Kirkman did the minor characters so dirty in the last chapter/epilogue! Why was everyone so awful all of a sudden? What happened between the last chapter and the epilogue that turned everybody into whiny idiots? Eugene and Stephanie are inspecting a locomotive. Stephanie asks what they're doing and Eugene informs her that he wants to repair the train. When Stephanie asks why, he tells her that the train could solve the distance problem between the Commonwealth and DC communities and would be one step closer to rebuilding civilization. Stephanie warns him that such a project could take years, but Eugene is undeterred. Despite everything that happened, the series ending is actually a happy one and really fills the reader with hope and all sorts of emotions. I definitely prefer the ending we got over Kirkman’s first, much bleaker ending.

Kelly is about to go outside to help clear the roamers, but Connie insists she will go with him. Dwight, Laura, and Heath are clearing roamers outside Alexandria. Maggie, Michonne, Jesus, and Dante have led some of the herd away, but Jesus comments it is still too close. Kirkman, Robert( w), Adlard, Charlie( p),Adlard, Charlie, Rathburn, Cliff (gray tones, cover colors)( i),Adlard, Charlie (cover)( col), Wooton, Rus( let). The Walking Dead,vol.8: Made to Suffer,no.46,p.1–27(February 13, 2008).1071 N. Batavia St., Suite A, Orange, CA 92867: Image Comics. Kirkman, Robert( w), Moore, Tony( p),Moore, Tony, Rathburn, Cliff (gray tones)( i),Kirkman, Robert( let). The Walking Dead,vol.1: Days Gone Bye,no.6,p.1–23(March 2004).1071 N. Batavia St., Suite A, Orange, CA 92867: Image Comics. On the front lines, Negan complains about not having any weapons and teases Dwight about Sherry. Laura approaches and warns that a large group of Whisperers are headed their way, and Dwight wonders why Gabriel did not signal.

At the Commonwealth, Michonne is looking out the window of Elodie's apartment, admitting that Alexandria can not compare to the Commonwealth. However, Michonne notices her daughter's sullen behavior and asks what is wrong. Crossly, Elodie says that she grew up hating her Michonne, blaming her for abandoning her and Colette, and later for the numerous tragedies that happened to her afterwards, including the deaths of her father and sister. Despite having placed the picture in the billboard, Elodie never had believed that she would ever see Michonne again, though she had often fantasized about an encounter with Michonne in which Elodie would yell, scream, and punch her mother for having abandoned Elodie and her sister. However, when she finally saw Michonne after so long, she couldn't do it, having been alone for such a long time, something Michonne understands. You just have to realize, this world needs people who are willing to stand up and do the right thing... It needs them so badly, it'll forgive you if you're sometimes wrong. You need to just make sure the losses don't discourage you... because the people around us... they'll always need the wins." auch wenn ich mich jetzt unbeliebt mache: das Ende (also genauer der Epilog) war ja nicht meins, da es gefühlt so gar nicht zum Rest der Reihe passt SI've been reading The Walking Dead since well before the TV show began. I finally finished the last issue last week. I won't post a spoiler, but Kirkman ended the series well, on a dramatic and unexpected bookend, and a satisfactory denouement. Meanwhile, Eugene and Stephanie are still working on the train, oblivious to the herd closing in on them. William and some of the Kingdom soldiers are on their way to the Hilltop, where they find it destroyed. The surviving residents are camping by the bridge, and Dante calls out to them. William apologizes to Maggie for not being there, but she says it could just as easily have been the Kingdom. She says they will head to Alexandria, and they will rebuild the Hilltop later. Andrea sounds the horn to lead the herd away. Magna and Yumiko return to help her. Connie is in bed recovering and asks what all the noise is, but Kelly tells her it’s nothing to worry about. Siddiq and Annie take shelter in Eugene’s house and notice his radio equipment on the table. However, post-time jump, Maggie seems inexplicably cold and distant towards Sophia, not even asking about her granddaughter, even though several other characters did. She defends her son Herschel passionately, even though he’s grown up into a monster that Glenn would be greatly disappointed in. The ultimate take away from these observations is that for some reason (that KIrkman didn’t feel was important to elaborate on), Maggie turned into a horrible and diluted person over the course of the twenty or so years we skip.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment