276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blindsided: A Best Friends to Lovers Standalone

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This happened over time and now they are like an old married couple, bickering and laughing as they watch Netflix on the couch. Freya had a lot of self esteem issues and to be honest, they are the same thoughts that I think many of us have everyday. He drags them down slowly, and I’m suddenly hugely grateful that I splurged on a full Brazilian wax yesterday. OW drama: The whole Cami situation was off putting as well, his former 2-year sex fling who ended things with him stuck to him too much and they had lunch once a week?

Of course there are missteps while their friendship grows into something else, but their quick and witty banter never stops. While this is a trope we can all get behind, this book also delivers on the characters and the story. Blindsides is a spin-off from the Harris series, but honestly it’s part of the Harris series, because all of the characters are in there! I bawled my eyes out, probably, because the story hit close to home but Amy didn't shy away from the difficult topic.When writing fat characters, there’s always a risk of falling into fatphobic tropes and stereotypes, and authors who don’t have experience writing about or living as a fat person are at greater risk of these pitfalls. Friends to more is my favorite trope and with Blindsided, Amy Daws has created an interesting story with engaging characters that come alive through the duet narration. Lol, where does this author think straight women learn about sex because I guarantee you they don’t learn shit from the 16 year old boy the average straight woman lost her virginity to. I did enjoy the banter between Mac and Freya and I liked that they fought like an old married couple.

I have no idea what pushed me to read this book because it’s been on my kindle for some time but I’m so happy I did. Not this bullshit where you can tell the characters are MeAnT tO bE but “ugh oh noooooes sex keeps getting in the waaay so hooow will we ever know if our feelings are TrrrruuuuuE.I love the way her mind works as she presents situations that happen in everyday life and then allows her characters to be themselves. Even if you think someone is out of your league doesn’t mean you start saying you can’t be seen in their presence because of what others might think. This is also the perfect example of why, sometimes, I hate reading romance by Western authors: where sex and intimacy and virginity is all what their characters think about.

In about 20% of the book, we're informed about this diagnosis, Mac leaves London and Freya, his game suffers, his grandad dies and Mac reconciles with Freya again and HEA. Freya gets sucked into playing a 'never have I ever' sort of game that shows her true inexperience to Mac.Freya and Mac attend a gathering of their friends and with a little game of Never Have I Ever, a lot of drinking and a streak of jealousy, Mac discovers a couple of things about his Best Mate.

When Amy is not writing, she’s likely making charcuterie boards from her home in South Dakota where she lives with her daughter and husband.It seems Mac had a bit of interest in Freya from the start but because he had been burned so badly from a long term relationship, he decided Best Mates was the way to go with Freya. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment